WorldVision

Ask me about Child Sponsorship ... Its pretty cool!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Love Story

This past week I saw Michael Moore's Capitalism: A Love Story. I liked it. Of course it had Moore's trademark manipulative use of emotion and people's stories and at-times-one-sided presentation of facts. But what I thought was good was the optimism and positivity that it showed. Obviously it highlighted some problems with our economic system, which were saddening and frustrating when they were laid out. But it also showed the possibility for improvement and change and gave examples of the group actions of people and what they had accomplished. It also showed what communities and the church were doing to help different groups of people who were not being treated compassionately. In fact, I thought it did this so well that it was, in a way, encouraging, and inspiring. It left me wanting to work to fight against economic injustices rather than just complain (or write on my blog) about how wrong things are.

That was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment