WorldVision

Ask me about Child Sponsorship ... Its pretty cool!

Monday, June 14, 2010

A Saviour

If there is one way to think of God that I don't really actively dwell on that much it is as a saviour. It's not that I don't think I am in need of saving - much to the contrary.  It is, for some reason, that I don't naturally use that part of the language of God. Why not?  It's possible it is because it has strong connotations of imperialistic evangelism or something like that.  Truth is, thinking about God in that way need not involve thinking about actions of the church.

If I asked you whether you sometimes (appropriately or not) looked at friends of yours as saviours for you of your loneliness, or 'lostness' - would that resonate?  Your relationships with these people may drive you, or help maintain your balance, prevent you from despair.  Now that's a way to think of God as a saviour eh?  In fact, our relationship with God is the only one that could save us from a lonely and bitter despair.

No comments:

Post a Comment