WorldVision

Ask me about Child Sponsorship ... Its pretty cool!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Contributors

So.  There is this section on the side of the blog called 'contributors.'  This is a regular blogger feature when you have a blog with more than one administrator.  This harkens back to the beginning of the blog, which I dreamt up while sitting in The Pancake House, of all places, with a group of fantastic friends.  I had a big vision, as I often do, about a team blog, a communal space.  This was a place where we would all be able to post thoughts, and in fact carry on a sort of creative conversation.  Kindly, my friends said they would join and I set them all up with full administrator rights on the blog, a tiny bit of guilt, and set off for San Diego.  Initially, we all had a few posts, and I felt connected in a way that I couldn't have been otherwise.  It was pretty great.  So great I raved about it to a telecommunications brainstorming session I was invited to be part of at work.  The ability to have this kind of a private/public shared community space on the internet would be important I thought, not that it was unprecedented.

Alas, the posts began to wear thin.  I felt as though I had to wait for someone else to say something before I could weigh in again because I was trying not to dominate the conversation.  In fact, I think for a while there I learned how to think of an idea to write about and then squash the thought immediately.  Time went by, and I posted here and there, and eventually this blog became what it is now, my own individual creative outlet.

All that to say I really like having that list of contributors there.  They stand as a public reminder that what goes on here is fundamentally dependent upon so much more than me.  And in fact, all my close friends, even those who weren't listed at the time (whom i'd love to set up with the same privileges), contribute so much to my life and character.  Some of them have great blogs of their own.  I can and do learn a lot about writing, expression and creativity from these people.  Still more friends of mine have musical, artistic, athletic and intellectual creative drive and ability that I learn more from every day.

So yeah.  There are a lot of contributors here.  Many more than are listed.  And i'm thankful.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you still write here. You have a lot of really great things to say :)

    ReplyDelete